Friday 1 December 2006

The work of Monday 27th November to Friday 1st December '06

So this is where I start with what I will be doing week by week, but for now I'll leave you with what has happened this last week so you can begin to get a feel for what has been happening...
This week I have been relatively busy.
The week started by having a link with Bury Christian Youth, a similar project in near by Bury St Edmunds. I assisted James Tennant with a Yr9 RE lesson on the Christmas story, an interesting lesson which was hopefully good fun too.
On Tuesday I went into Parkway Middle, my second assembly there this term, I had already done the Yr7 assembly but this time was the turn of the Yr8's, I presented the idea of commitment and my faith as a commitment, an assembly with plenty of cold baked beans, jelly and wet sticky cold pasta, all with items to find whilst blindfolded! The girl who dared to face my challenge well deserved her prize at the end!
Thursday morning saw me visiting Castle Manor Business and Enterprise College to spend the morning sitting in on a Yr10 and Yr12 RE lesson.
And of course last night was my commissioning at the AGM at the Methodist Church.
Latter today I will be presenting the Christmas story to Mudflaps, an after schools group held by Jan Watts.
And then comes a rest this weekend. Can I thank people for praying for Simon (my husband) as he has been searching for work since we moved here, he just found out he'll start work on Monday for Cambridge YMCA as a key worker for children!

2 comments:

supporter said...

I look forward to following your progress on the blog site and passing it on to other supporters. God Bless you and keep up the good work

Phil Stanbury-Jones said...

This is a really good idea. Good to see new(ish) technology being put to use in providing a real benefit ~ providing timely updates to supporters and churches. Thanks for setting this up. Phil