Friday 30 January 2009


I've had a really exciting week and felt the need to share. We're being told that the church is in decline...but we aren't told that people are finding God all the time! This has been proven to me this week.

On Sunday a came across a young person who I have had contact with through Christian lunches in school, she has found Jesus along with her friend, through the positive witnesses of a Christian teacher and others. Then, I was doing a lesson yesterday in one school and a young person who I had contact with last year in Rock Solid came up to me and told me she gave her life to Christ 2 months ago, when I asked her how she told me through prayer, she discovered prayer, and how amazing it was in her life! WOW! No church, no people, just God and a thirst for spiritual fulfilment!
It's really exciting and got me more enthusiastic about how to reach young people and their thirst to experience something different and more meaningful.

This all fell in bizarre timing with me feeling the need to run a Youth Alpha course after school, this way they can search and if they want me fed into a youth group and church or something new can spring up out of it. Please pray as we consider how this works, practically, and with juggling time.

It's been a great few weeks, if a little busy with some great lessons at Castle Manor, RS's steadily keeping numbers, and in some increasing. It's an exciting time here in Haverhill, one of hope through all the gloom of the economic crisis. Please join with us as we pray for this hope to grow and to shine around our town.

Next week calms down a little;

Monday:
-Castle Hill Rock Solid
-Chalkstone Community Centre Rock Solid

Thursday:
-Hope prayer meeting 9am, open to anyone, Garden Anex Downs Baptist Church
-Rock Solid, Parkway

Friday:
-Rock Solid Parkway
-Mudflaps, a youth group held at Kedington Community Centre for those in school years 5-8, 4-5.45

1 comment:

Kirsty.... said...

I also think that it is amazing the ways that people find god. Just as people do not only learn in classrooms - people do not only find god in church.

God is in our lives, in everything we see, we just need to open our hearts to him.

I think the work that you do at HSI is amazing, and you all have my upmost respect!