Friday 1 February 2008

Mission week-4th-8th February 2008

Hello! We have finally reached the point where we can say the Mission week is here! The group arrive on Sunday for our Prayer meeting-
6pm- Westend Congregational Church Haverhill
We would love to see as many people as possible there to welcome them and pray for the coming week.
Prayer is particularly important as we have just found out that one of the group has just been taken into hospital with apendicitus so won't be well enough to be here next week! Please pray they get well soon and pray for safety for the rest of the group.
Here is some information from the group-
My name is Kat, I'm the oldie in the band and also the team leader so I think that is meant to make me the most responsible!!
I'm originally from Cornwall the home of surf and sun, but spent my teenage years growing up in a town called Stafford in the midlands. I'm also the traveller in the band as I spent 6 years up North; 3yrs in Wakefield at drama school (very la de da... not!!), and 3yrs in the promised land known as Manchester being a scally and no I don't support Man U!! I'm staying with my Nan and Grandad while in Haverhill so please pray for them as they can be very anti God!!!
Hey guys, I'm Ally (but my parents call me Alison). I am 21! I was born in the small town of Gainsborough in Lincolnshire and lived there with my mum, dad, two older brothers and one older sister.
When I was 18 I moved to America! I actually got to climb a waterfall whenever I wanted. HOW COOL! After a year I moved back to England and was given this fantastic opportunity! I never thought I could actually get to spend all my time doing what I love, (dancing, singing and talking) and meeting hundreds of new people every week!
Hi - I'm Laura and I'm from Surrey but I've spent the last three years living in London where I was doing a degree in Youth Work and Ministry. I also have a Diploma in animal care because I originally wanted to be a zoo keeper so I could tell you lots of stories about working with weird and wonderful animals!
Back home I have a mum, a dad, an older brother and a pet rabbit called Ella (ahhhh...).I love being in Collective because I get to jump around on stage and sing about God and to tell all you guys how amazing he is.
The techy guy...
I'm Andy I live in Sudbury Suffolk, at the moment I'm doing a Gap year on the 'my-year out' scheme at Eden's' youth project in Sudbury. My work with collective has become part of my year out. The two things I'm most passionate about are music and youth, this holds me in good stead for both my year out and my work with collective. I've been so fortunate to work with two Christian organisation, and to grow and develop as a Christian. I am quite an easy going person,
So the week is looking exciting! please keep us in your thought and prayers and remember Sunday evening to pray and meet them.
Also remember the concert on Thursday 14th February, poster below. please advertise this to anyone you know in Middle School, tickets can be purchased on the door!
Next week I am also doing an RE Conference Day at Samuel Ward on wednesday on trade and poverty, please pray that I can be effective in telling the pupils what the Bible teaches on this topic.
Have a great week, we hope to see you Sunday.

No comments: